Pairs with: Cannery Brewing Apricot Wheat Ale
Recipe submitted by: Patt Dyck
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnut pieces
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Unsalted butter and olive oil for cooking
- With a mallet or rolling pin, flatten the chicken breasts between wax paper to ½ inches. Mix flour, salt and pepper together on a plate and dreg the breasts on both sides. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs together. On another plate mix the breadcrumbs, walnuts and cheese together.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs and then in the crumb/nut mixture, pressing gently to cover the breasts completely. Set aside to “dry” for 15 minutes.
- Heat a few tbsp. of butter and a few tbsp. of olive oil in a heavy skillet until hot but not smoking. Cook chicken breasts in batches, 3 - 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Add more oil and butter as needed. Keep warm.
- Peel and chop mango into small even pieces. Mix together with the rest of the ingredients. Season with lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken breasts with the mango salsa and a nice cold glass of Cannery Brewing Apricot Wheat Ale!