Pairs with: Cannery Brewing IPA
Recipe submitted by: Louis Richer
- 1 kg of lean stewing meat
- 1 tablespoon of beef base
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 celery branch 6 centimeters long in 4 sections
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large onions cut in chunks
- 2 cups of baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons of diced tomatoes from a can
- 1.25 cups of Naramata Nut Brown Ale
- 1/3 cup of tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon of sage
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Cut the beef in cubes of 4 to 5 centimeters and place in a deep pot with 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Add the flour, cayenne pepper, sage, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the rest of the canola oil, put the heat at medium - high.
- Add beef mix until the cubes are brown.
- Add the beer, the onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes and tomato juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours.
Prepares 6 servings. Preparation time 15 minutes; cooking time 2 hours and 15 minutes.